Adopt Our Baby Monkeys: Help Protect All Primates
This month, we were very happy to announce the arrival of SIX baby Barbary macaque monkeys so far in 2022 here in Trentham.
Every birth that we have at the Monkey Forest is a small win for the species, as sadly, there are currently fewer than 8,000 Barbary macaques left in the wild. Barbary macaques are listed as endangered. The population has decreased by more than 50% in the last 30 years, which is a staggering statistic.
Unfortunately, it is not only our monkeys fighting a losing battle, as 75% of the world’s primates are also declining in numbers and the longer we leave it, the higher this percentage will increase.
Due to this sad situation, we launched in Winter, a Baby Monkey Adoption Pack with proceeds going towards VITAL primate conservation & research undertaken by PSGB (Primate Society of Great Britain).
PSGB’s work is detailed above…
As the UK’s leading Barbary macaque research facility, we cannot stress enough the importance of research as this leads to an increase in conservational knowledge for the specific species in question.
From just £49 you can get the perfect gift for that primate lover in your life whilst also actively supporting all primates and their futures.
Our adoption packs include:
- A gorgeous cuddly toy
- Two tickets to Trentham Monkey Forest – open age
- A legacy leaf to hang on our conservation tree at Monkey Forest – leaving your own legacy at the park
- A postcard with a picture of one of our beautiful baby monkeys
- A thank you letter from the Park Director
- A Monkey Forest Lanyard
- A Monkey Forest Car Sticker
- A contribution towards Primate Conservation & Research (helping all primates to fight extinction)
For more information on Adoption Packs, please see here.