Kiosk & Shop Manager
Trentham Monkey Forest is home to 140 free-roaming Barbary macaque monkeys. In the park, customers are free to walk amongst the monkeys in their forest home and discover this fascinating species. Unique within the UK, we are looking for a motivated individual to join our tight knit, dedicated permanent team.
The onsite ‘Jungle Shop’ and kiosks are an integral part of the positive experience our visitors encounter during a visit. A bustling, quick-paced environment throughout the height of the season, we are looking for an organised, enthusiastic individual to train and recruit our seasonal shop and kiosk team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running of all aspects of the shop; monthly stock controls and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers. Working alongside the Park Manager and Director of the park, the Shop Manager will help to develop and improve an already successful shop and kiosks in an award-winning attraction.
The Shop Manager will be required to work in the shop and to help cover the Café Manager on their days off, working as part of a tight knit team.
The successful candidate will be required to show dedication to the role and be required to work all school holidays, bank holidays and most weekends (apart from during the closed season where occasional weekend work will be required).
5 days/week, no evening service, or split shifts
Working during the opening hours of the park (normally 9am – 5.30pm)
Salary: 22k-24k dependent on experience
Responsibilities (Reporting To – Director & Park Manager)
- Responsible for the day to day running of the shop making provision for duties to be covered when absent.
- Training, supervising & managing shop, and kiosk staff.
- Serving customers in the shop and kiosks.
- Over-seeing the running of the café to cover the Café Manager on busy days.
- Over-seeing the quality of shop products and reporting issue to the Director and suppliers.
- Establishing a rota in advance for Kiosk and Shop staff.
- Responsible for carrying out ‘close down’ procedures and cashing up.
- Conducting interviews and recruiting with approval of the Director and Park manager.
- Ensuring the welcome at the kiosks is given to the highest standard.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
- Responsible for shop/kiosk safety and security. Ensuring fire and health and safety regulations adhered to.
- Meeting suppliers, negotiating prices and reporting to the Director and Park Manager.
- Ensuring stock is carefully recorded and controlled.
- Ensuring the maintenance of shop and kiosk equipment.
- Monitoring customer feedback to improve service.
- Liaising with the Director and Park Manager and providing reports as requested.
- A competitive wage with development opportunities
- Closed for 4 months of the year, giving you time to review the strategic direction of the Shop/Kiosk
- Working within a close, supportive team
- Free private staff parking
- The fantastic working culture of being given the chance to turn your creative ideas into action
- Free tickets to the Monkey Forest every month
- Staff discount in the Shop & Café
Closing date: 11th December 2022