Trentham Monkey Forest is home to 140 free-roaming Barbary macaque monkeys. In the park, customers are free to walk amongst the monkeys in their forest home and discover this fascinating species. Unique within the UK, we are looking for a motivated individual to join our tight knit, dedicated permanent team.
The onsite ‘Banana Café’ and vintage catering van serve hot and cold meals, drinks, snacks and ice cream to our visitors. A bustling, quick-paced environment throughout the season, we are looking for an organised, enthusiastic individual to train and recruit our seasonal café team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of all aspects of the café; monthly stock controls and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers. Working alongside the Park Manager and Director of the park, the Café Manager will help to develop and improve an already successful café in an award-winning attraction.
The Café Manager will be required to work as part of the café team and will also help cover the Shop Manager on their days off, working closely as part of a tight knit team.
The successful candidate will be required to show dedication to the role and be required to work all school holidays, bank holidays and most weekends (apart from during the closed season where occasional weekend work will be required).
5 days/week, no evening service, or split shifts
Working during the opening hours of the park (normally 9am – 5.30pm)
Salary: 22k-24k dependent on experience
Responsibilities (Reporting To – Director & Park Manager)
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the cafe making provision for duties to be covered when absent.
- Training, supervising & managing café staff.
- Serving food and beverages to customers.
- Preparing homemade wraps, cakes and daily specials.
- Over-seeing the quality of food made in-house.
- Establishing a rota in advance for café assistants.
- Responsible for ‘close down’ procedures and cashing up.
- Conducting interviews and recruiting with approval of Director and Park Manager.
- Ensuring high quality and a variety of food available.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
- Ensuring that food hygiene rules are observed at all times including keeping detailed logs.
- Ensuring allergy information is kept up to date.
- Responsible for cafe safety and security. Ensuring fire and health and safety regulations adhered to.
- Meeting suppliers, negotiating prices and reporting to Director and Park Manager.
- Ensuring stock rotated, waste is controlled and then reporting to management.
- Ensuring the maintenance of café equipment.
- Ensuring logbooks on all equipment are updated.
- Monitoring customer feedback to improve service.
- Liaising with management and providing reports as requested.
- A competitive wage with development opportunities
- Closed for 4 months of the year, giving you time to review the strategic direction of the Café
- Avoid the hustle and bustle of catering in the festive period
- Working within a close, supportive team
- Free private staff parking
- The fantastic working culture of being given the chance to turn your creative ideas into action
- Free tickets to the Monkey Forest every month
- Staff discount in the Shop & Café
Closing date: 11th December 2022